Yippee! I won an award! While catching up on my blogs I happened across a post from Carolyn of Fake it While You Make it, who awarded me with the Stylish Blog Award. Awesome! Carolyn is also awesome, and she recently made this killer belt. Okay, in keeping with the rules of the award, here are seven things you may not know about me.
- I was in the Junior-Olympic roller skating program.
- My husband and I met on a film set.
- I am absolutely terrified of raccoons. Petrified. I can barely type this. I’m freaking out! And I found out very recently that the same holds true for opossums. Any coyotes.
- My son’s birth lasted 56 hours. I birthed him naturally, mainly at home, and finally at a birthing center. I cannot possibly say enough good things about Hypnobirthing or this magical music. I also can’t say enough good things about placenta encapsulation.
- I was a Bluebird and Campfire Girl. I named myself Ewok which stood for Earth, Water, Outdoors and Kindness, and because, well, I was obsessed with ewoks. I still have my vest.
- In my early twenties I topped the scale at 230 pounds. Yup. I can’t even believe I just wrote that for the world to see, but I felt compelled to share for some reason (!?!). While I’m not currently that size, I am a far cry from the small size 6 on my wedding day, which I compare myself to regularly. I try each and every day not to let my weight dictate how much love I give myself. This is difficult for me and I hate beyond hate that it is.
- At the age of 19 I moved to San Francisco on a whim. I lived there for a couple years and came back to Portland with hot pink hair, a nose ring, a kitten, and a tattoo of a kitten.
And because I’m on a roll…
- When I was 17 I sang the National Anthem at the Memorial Coliseum…for a dance competition. I have danced the majority of my life. I think I’ll do a little dancing right now!
And here is the short list of darling bloggers whose journeys I love to read and would like to give the Stylish Award to:
Much love to you all! And hey, if you want to leave seven (or one or 12) little known facts about yourself, I’d love to read them!