If you would have asked me, pre-diet change, if I would like a bowl of chocolate pudding made with avocados, I would have been all, “SICK!” but this pudding is anything but. Incredibly rich, decadent and filling. A true treat. All I can say about this recipe is: don’t knock it ’til you try it.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding (slightly adapted from Grain Free Foodie)
- 2 some-what ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup local honey (add up to 2 Tbls. more if desired) Vegan Update: substitute honey for maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbls. raw cocoa powder
- 3 Tbls. cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split length-wise with caviar scraped
Directions: Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan. Combine all ingredients, except salt, in a food processor using the S-blade. Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Spoon into a pretty dish, sprinkle with sea salt. Serves 4-8, you know, depending.
This keeps quite nice in the fridge for up to two days and firms up to more of a frosting-like consistency. Just like with guacamole, be sure to reserve the avocado pits and include them in your storage container for maximum freshness.